Here are some editing tips and techniques that will help you get the documents you want
Our website enables you to either select a template of your choice or to choose either a blank one or one that closely resembles what you want and make suitable changes.
Changes you might like to make include background colours, fonts, font colours, uploading logos and images.
How to use the system:
- a) Select the card you want
- b) Choose your card finish option
- c) Select how many units you would like - each unit is a batch of 100 cards
- d) Select ‘Design Now’ button
- e) The functions available to you are outlined in the diagram below:
Insert image here
- The green button enables you to move to the next steps including editing the back of the card.
- These are the text and image fields on the card. You can drag and drop them to send them forward and backward in priority. For example, if you upload an image as a backdrop, initially it will be on top of the other fields already in place. Drag it down the pile and it will then be under the rest of the card’s contents.
- The blue buttons give you additional features enabling you to add everything from freestyle drawing to images and even adding QR codes to your card!
- These buttons allow you to align images and text to the edges of the card. If you want an image to line up on the very edge of a card do not drag it there. For best effect use these buttons.
- With images you can use this button to resize it against the card edges. It is more effective and accurate than doing this by hand.
- This is the bleed margin. Keep anything you want to be visible out of this area.
- This zoom feature enlarges or reduces the size of the card on your screen.
A few guidelines to make your work successful:
- a) Always stay inside the area surrounded by what is called the bleed margin, that coloured area at the edge of each template.
- b) Keep any images you upload small - less than 100k in size for preference.
- c) Never use more than one typeface per card, it starts to look messy.
- d) Using very busy background images makes the text harder to read, try to keep background images pale or soft focus for the best results.
- e) When inserting phone numbers, use the right spacing to ensure easy readability. For example, for a London number it should be laid out as follows: 020 XXXX XXXX. For a mobile number it should be: 0XXXX XXX XXX.
- f) For a website URL it should either be written as http://domainname.suffix, or http://www.domainname.suffix, depending on which is the correct format.
- g) Make use of the back of the card. We have inserted some text that can be deleted or amended. Taking advantage of this page is valuable, you can spell out your business message, list services, or any number of other things you might like.